Micro-irrigation Systems for Vineyards
1. Avery, J.D, ed. 2003. Growing Grapes in Missouri. Missouri State University, State Fruit Experiment
Station: Mountain Grove, Missouri. MS-29.
2. Benham, Brian and Blake Ross. 2009. Filtration, Treatment, and Maintenance Considerations for Micro-Irrigation Systems. Virginia Tech, Virginia Cooperative Extension. Publication 442-757EM.
3. Bucks, D.A., F.S. Nakayama, and R.G. Gilbert. 1979. Trickle Irrigation Water Quality and Preventive Maintenance. Agricultural Water Management, 2.
4. Burney, Robert and Edward W. Hellman. 2003. Microirrigation Design Considerations. In: Oregon Viticulture (Edward W. Hellman, ed.), Corvallis, Oregon: Oregon State University Press.
5. Burt C., Kris O’Connor, and Thomas Ruehr. 1995. Fertigation. California Polytechnic State University. Irrigation Training and Research Center: San Luis Obispo, California.
6. California Plant Health Association. 2002. Western Fertilizer Handbook. Danville, Illinois: Interstate Publishers, Inc.
7. Clark, Gary a., William J. Lamont Jr., Charles W. Marr, and Danny Rogers. 1996. Maintaining Drip Irrigation Systems. Kansas State University Agricultural Experiment Station and Cooperative Extension Service: Manhattan, Kansas. MF-2178.
8. Creasy, G.L. and L.L. Creasy. 2009. Grapes - Crop Production Science in Horticulture. Oxfordshire, United Kingdom: CABI.
9. Curtis, Larry M. and Ted W. Tyson. 2012. Acid Injection for System Maintenance. Alabama A&M and Auburn Universities, Alabama Cooperative Extension System. Micro-Irrigation Handbook ANR-652.
10. Granberry, Darbie M., Kerry A. Harrison, and William Terry Kelley. 2009. Drip Irrigation: Injecting Fertilizer, Acid and Chlorine. The University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences/Cooperative Extension: Athens, Georgia. Bulletin 1130.
11. Harter, Thomas. 2003. Water Well Design and Construction. University of California. Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources: Davis, California. Publication 8086.
12. Hla, Aung K. and Thomas F. Scherer. 2003. Introduction to Micro-irrigation. North Dakota State University, North Dakota State University Extension Service: Fargo, North Dakota. Publication AE-1243.
13. McCarthy, M.G., L.D. Jones, and G. Due. 1992. Irrigation – Principles and Practices. In: Viticulture, Volume 2: Practices (B.G. Coombe and P.R. Dry, eds.), Adelaide, Australia: Winetitles.
14. Nakayama, F.S. and D.A. Bucks. 1991. Water Quality in Drip/Trickle Irrigation: A Review. Irrigation Science, 12.
15. Peacock, William L. 2010. Amending Soil and Water Chemistry in Drip Irrigated Table Grape Vineyards. Tulare, California: University of California, University of California Cooperative Extension. Publication IG11-00.
16. Prichard, Terry, Blaine Hanson, Larry Schwankl, Paul Verdegaal, and Rhonda Smith. 2004. Deficit Irrigation of Quality Winegrapes Using Micro-Irrigation Techniques. University of California, Cooperative Extension: Oakland, California.
17. Ross, David S. and Tony K. Wolf. 2008. Grapevine Water Relations and Irrigation. In: Wine Grape Production Guide for Eastern North America (Tony K. Wolf, ed.), Ithaca, New York: Natural Resource, Agriculture, and Engineering Service (NRAES), Cooperative Extension.
18. Schwankl, Larry, Blaine Hanson, and Terry Prichard. 2008. Maintaining Microirrigation Systems. University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources: Oakland, California. Publication 21637.
19. Shock, C. 2006. Drip Irrigation: An Introduction. Oregon State University, Extension Service. EM 8782-E.
20. Storlie, Craig A. 1997. Treating Drip Irrigation Systems with Chlorine. Rutgers, Rutgers Cooperative Research & Extension: New Brunswick, New Jersey. FS795.
21. Taghvaeian, Saleh. 2014. Drip Irrigation Systems. Oklahoma State University, Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service: Stillwater, Oklahoma. Publication BAE-1511.
22. Williams, Larry E. 2001. Irrigation of Wine Grapes in California. Practical Winery and Vineyard, November/December.
23. Zinati, Gladis. 2005. Management of Iron in Irrigation Water. Rutgers, Rutgers Cooperative Research & Extension: New Brunswick, New Jersey. FS516.
Click on the following topics for more information on micro-irrigation systems for vineyards.