Vineyard Frost Protection
1. Ballard, J.K. and E.L. Proebsting. 1981. Frost and Frost Control in Washington Orchards. Washington State University, Washington State University Cooperative Extension: Pullman, Washington. Bulletin 634.
2. Creasy, G.L. and L.L. Creasy. 2009. Grapes - Crop Production Science in Horticulture. Oxfordshire, United Kingdom: CABI.
3. Evans, Robert G. 2000. The Art of Protecting Grapevines from Low Temperature Injury. In: Proceedings of the ASEV 50th Anniversary Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington, June 19-23, 2000. Davis, California: American Society of Enology and Viticulture.
4. Hamman, Richard A., Jr., Steven D. Savage, and Harold J. Larsen. 1998. The Colorado Grape Growers’ Guide. Colorado State University, Colorado Agricultural Experiment Station: Fort Collins, Colorado. Bulletin 550A.
5. Kasimatis, A.M., B.E. Bearden, R.L. Sisson, and K. Bowers. 1982. Frost Protection for North Coast Vineyards. University of California, Cooperative Extension Service: Berkely, California. Leaflet 2743.
6. Jorgensen, G., B.M. Escalera, D.R. Wineman, R.K. Striegler, D. Zoldoske, and C. Krauter. 1996. Microsprayer Frost Protection in Vineyards. California State University: Center for Irrigation Technology: Fresno, California. Publication #960803.
7. McCarthy, M.G., P.R. Dry, P.F. Hayes, and D.M. Davidson. 1992. Soil Management and Frost Protection. In: Viticulture, Volume 2: Practices (B.G. Coombe and P.R. Dry, eds.) Adelaide, Australia: Winetitles.
8. McGourty, Glen. 2010. A Case for Double-pruning. Practical Winery & Vineyard Journal, March/April.
9. Minton, Valerie, Heidi Howerton, and Brooke Cole. 2011. Vineyard Frost Protection a Guide to Northern Costal California. Santa Rosa, California: Sotoyome Resource Conservation District.
10. Poling, E. Barclay, ed. 2005. The North Carolina Wine Grape Grower’s Guide. North Carolina State University, North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service: Raleigh, North Carolina. AG-535.
11. Poling, E. Barclay. 2007. Overview of Active Frost, Frost/Freeze and Freeze Protection Methods. Understanding and Preventing Freeze Damage in Vineyards: Workshop Proceedings of the Institute for Continental Climate Viticulture and Enology, Columbia, Missouri, December 5-6, 2007.
12. Poling, E. Barclay. 2007. Overhead Sprinkler Systems for Frost and Frost/Freeze Protection. Understanding and Preventing Freeze Damage in Vineyards: Workshop Proceedings of the Institute for Continental Climate Viticulture and Enology, Columbia, Missouri, December 5-6, 2007.
13. Pregler, Bill. 2010. Frost Protection–Managing the Air. Wine Business Monthly, January Issue.
14. Skelton, Stephen. 2007. Viticulture - An Introduction to Commercial Grape Growing for Wine Production. London, United Kingdom: Published by Author.
15. Snyder, R.L., U, Kyaw Tau Paw, and J.F. Thompson. 1992. Passive Frost Protection of Trees and Vines. University of California, Cooperative Extension Service: Berkely, California. Leaflet 21429.
16. Snyder, R. L. 2001. Principles of Frost Protection. University of California, Atmospheric Science: Davis, California, [http://biomet.ucdavis.edu/frostprotection/Principles%20of%20Frost%20Protection/FP005.html] accessed 26 June, 2010.
17. Snyder, Richard L. and J. Paulo de Melo-Abreu. 2005. Frost Protection: Fundamentals, Practice and Economics. (Volume 1). Rome, Italy: Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations.
18. Striegler, R. Kieth. 2007. Passive Freeze Prevention Methods. Understanding and Preventing Freeze Damage in Vineyards: Workshop Proceedings of the Institute for Continental Climate Viticulture and Enology, Columbia, Missouri, December 5-6, 2007.
19. Sugar, David, Randy Gold, Porter Lombard, and Alfonso Gardea. 2003. Strategies for Frost Protection. In: Oregon Viticulture (Edward W. Hellman, ed.) Corvallis, Oregon: Oregon State University Press.
20. Trought, M.C.T., G.S. Howell, and N. Cherry. 1999. Practical Considerations for Reducing Frost Damage in Vineyards. Lincoln University, Plant Science Department: Canterbury, New Zealand.
21. Van Der Gulik, Ted W. and Rick Williams. 1998. B.C. Frost Protection Guide. Abbotsford, B.C.: B.C. Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries.
22. Weaver, Robert J. 1976. Grape Growing. New York, New York: Wiley.
23. Winkler, A.J., J.A. Cook, W.M. Kliewer, and L.A. Lider. 1974. General Viticulture. 2nd ed. Berkeley, California: University of California Press.
24. Woodhead, Ian, Sean Richards, and Andy Hayward. 2007. Protection, Methods and Consideration to Help Keep Risk Down. The Australian & New Zealand Grapegrower & Winemaker, 522 (July).
25. Young, Colin. 2007. Reducing Frost Damage in Vineyards. Australian & New Zealand Grapegrower & Winemaker, 527 (December).
26. Zabadal, Thomas J., Imed E. Dami, Timothy E. Martinson, Mark L. Chien. 2007. Winter Injury to Grapevines and Methods of Protection. Michigan State University, Michigan State University Extension: East Lansing, Michigan. E2930.
27. Zoldoske, David F. 2012. Sprinkler Systems Used for Frost Protection. California State University, enter for Irrigation Technology: Fresno, California.
Click on the following topics for more information on vineyard frost protection.