Pesticides for Grapevines
Pesticides' Influence on Wine Quality
Beyond ensuring that chemical residues are below acceptable tolerance levels, growers must recognize that excessive residues of certain pesticides could affect fermentation, impart undesirable aromas, or mute the varietal character of the resulting wine as a result of pesticide application. Pesticides can influence fermentation by producing stress metabolites such as reductive compounds, as well as by inhibiting and/or preventing fermentation.
Click on the following topics for more information on pesticides for grapevines.
Topics Within This Chapter:
- Introduction to Pesticides for Grapevines
- Pesticide Classification
- Strategies for Managing Pesticide Resistance
- Pesticide Formulations
- Spray Adjuvants
- Pesticide Labels
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Pesticide Laws and Regulations
- Pesticides' Influence on Wine Quality