Fertilizer Management for Grapevines
1. Bates, Terence R. and Tony K. Wolf. 2008. Nutrient Management. In: Wine Grape Production Guide
for Eastern North America (Tony K. Wolf, ed.), Ithaca, New York: Natural Resource, Agriculture,
and Engineering Service (NRAES), Cooperative Extension.
2. Burt C., Kris O’Connor, and Thomas Ruehr. 1995. Fertigation. California Polytechnic State University. Irrigation Training and Research Center: San Luis Obispo, California.
3. California Plant Health Association. 2002. Western Fertilizer Handbook. Danville, Illinois: Interstate Publishers, Inc.
4. Dami, Imed, Bruce Bordelon, David C. Ferree, Maurus Brown, Michael A. Ellis, Roger N. Williams, and Douglas Doohan. 2005. Midwest Grape Production Guide. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, Ohio State Extension. Bulletin 919.
5. Cripps, J.E.L., John Fenwick Elliott, and B. H. Goldspink. 2002. Fertilizers for Wine Grapes. Dept. of Agriculture, Western Australia: South Perth, W.A.
6. Goldammer, Ted. 2016. Organic Crop Production. Centreville, Virginia: Apex Publishers.
7. Grant, R. Stanley. 1999. Managing Phosphorous Deficiency in Vineyards. Practical Winery and Vineyard Journal, January/February.
8. Grant, R. Stanley. 2002. Balanced Soil Fertility Management in Wine Grape Vineyards. Practical Winery and Vineyard Journal, May/June.
9. Grant, R. Stanley. 2006. Fertilizer Efficiency for Winegrape Vineyards. Practical Winery and Vineyard Journal, March/April.
10. Hanson, Blaine. 2006. Fertigation with Microirrigation. University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources. Publication 21620.
11. Havlin, John L., Samuel L. Tisdale, Werner L. Nelson, and James D. Beaton. 2005. Soil Fertility and Fertilizers. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson Prentice Hall.
12. Jackson, Ronald S. 2008. Wine Science: Principles and Applications. Burlington, Massachusetts: Academic Press.
13. Kuepper, George. 2003. Manures for Organic Crop Production. National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service: Des Moines, Iowa. ATTRA Publication #IP127
14. Lorenz, O.A. and D.N. Maynard. 1980. Knott’s Handbook for Vegetable Growers (2nd ed.). New York, New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
15. McGourty, Glenn. 2008. Interest in Organic Winegrowing is Increasing. California Agriculture, 62 (4).
16. McGourty, Glenn T. and John Reganold. 2011. Soil Management in Organically Farmed Vineyards. In: Organic Winegrowing Manual (Glenn T. McGourty, ed.), Richmond, California: University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources.
17. Robinson, J.B. 1992. Grape Nutrition. In: Viticulture, Volume 2: Practices (B.G. Coombe and P.R. Dry, eds.), Adelaide, Australia: Winetitles.
18. Sullivan, Preston. 2001. Alternate Soil Amendments. Appropriate Technology Transfer for Rural Areas (ATTRA): Fayetteville, Arkansas.
19. The California Integrated Waste Management Board. 2002. Vineyard Benefits from Mulch and Compost. The California Integrated Waste Management Board: Sacramento, California. Publication #443-39-005.
20. Weaver, Robert J. 1976. Grape Growing. New York, New York: Wiley.
21. Winkler, A.J., J.A. Cook, W.M. Kliewer, and L.A. Lider. 1974. General Viticulture. 2nd ed. Berkeley, California: University of California Press.
22. Zady, Miriam. 2009. Foliar Feeding in Vine Management. The Australian & New Zealand Grapegrower & Winekaer, 550 (November).
23. Zublena, J.P., J.V. Baird, and J.P. Lilly. 1991. Soil Facts: Nutrient Content of Fertilizer and Organic Materials. North Carolina State University, North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service: Raleigh, North Carolina. Bulletin AG-439-18.
Click on the following topics for more information on fertilizer management for grapevines.